What is International Baccalaureate?
The International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) is an educational foundation that has developed a framework for schools throughout the world to use to implement curriculum. IB has developed four programmes of international education, each with its own candidacy process:
- Primary Years Programme (PYP)--Early Childhood through Grade 5
- MIddle Years Programme (MYP)--Grades 6-10
- Diploma Programme (DP)--Grades 11-12
- International Baccalaureate Career-related Certificate (IBCC)--Grades 11-12
After a multi-year candidacy, HFCA became authorized as an International Baccalaureate World School--Primary Years Programme in July 2018. See Press Release
IB aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring global citizens who are motivated to succeed. The IB framework:
- Encourages students to think independently and drive their own learning.
- Provides academic rigor to all learners.
- Emphasizes students’ personal development.
- Engages students with people in an increasingly globalized rapidly changing world.