Before and After Care Options
As a service to our families, HFCA provides students in three-year-old preschool through grade 8 with quality care and supervision before and after regular school hours. Children can play, read, or complete homework. It is designed to be daycare and not instructional.
The program is located in the lower level in Room 37 and operates only on school days when school is in session and when students are in attendance. It is not available on holidays, staff days, or emergency closings such as snow days. No care is available for students in two-year-old preschool.
The phone number for the CARE room is 847-907-3507. All communication regarding the CARE program should be sent to the CARE Director. ([email protected])
Please note the following:
- Before-care hours are 7--8:30 AM and after-care hours are 3:30-- 6 PM.
- Students enrolled in full-day preschool classes may extend their day to 6 PM.
- After-school CARE is available on Early Release Days when students are dismissed at 2 PM.
- After-school CARE is not available on scheduled half-days when students dismiss at 12:15 PM.
- Families are asked to provide after-school snacks for their children. For the safety of all of our children, no peanut or tree nut snacks are allowed. Please see the Safe Snack List.
Registration and Payments
- An annual registration fee of a non-refundable $25/ per child is required before students can participate in before and after care, regardless of the number of days, the child uses CARE.
- All registration forms and payments are accessed through your family's FACTS accounts.
- Monthly fees are as follows:
- Full-time (4-5 days per week) Before Care--$210 After Care--$335
- Part-time (1-3 days per week) Before Care-$125 After Care--$210
- Participating families will receive a monthly invoice through their FACTS account.
- Monthly billing is calculated for yearly attendance and averaged over the months of the school year. Questions regarding billing should be directed to [email protected].
Drop-off and pick-up
Parents may park in the circle drive on the southeast parking lot and enter and exit the building through Door 10. Please press the security doorbell and announce yourself for entrance, and then escort your child to the CARE door.