Holy Family Catholic Academy recognizes the importance of developing the whole student. HFCA’s athletics program teaches physical skills, discipline, teamwork and leadership. Children learn specific skills for the sport in which they are involved. No previous athletic experience is required and all students interested in playing are encouraged to participate. Athletics is a great way for children to stay active, develop in-depth sports skills, learn teamwork and track their own progress.
The attributes of the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile help our athletes learn to be:
- Courageous-- stepping outside of their comfort zone to try new activities and learning when to take risks.
- Principled-- adhering to codes of fair play, developing self-control and treating coaches, officials, teammates and opponents with respect.
- Reflective-- understanding each individual’s strengths and identifying ways to improve.
- Balanced-- taking the entire athletic experience into account; sports are more than just winning or losing.
- Caring-- encouraging team members on and off the court; developing empathy to become humble winners and gracious losers.
- Knowledgeable-- applying self-discipline to learn the rules and skills of each respective sport.
- Thinkers-- making smart choices regarding time management and creatively finding ways to improve.
- Open-minded-- accepting new challenges and responsibility.
- Inquirers-- finding new ways to handle pressure and develop concentration.
- Communicators-- listening to others' ideas and compromising when working as a team.
Holy Family Catholic Academy offers year-round athletics for students in grades 4 through 8.
- Fall sports: co-ed cross country, golf, girls volleyball and cheerleading.
- Winter sports: girls and boys basketball and cheerleading.
- Spring sport: track and field.
Registration closes prior to the beginning of each respective sports' season.
If you are interested in coaching opportunities or would like more information about our athletic program, please contact our Athletic Director, John Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for team schedules and directions.