Read a reflection by Alex Kaminsky, HFCA Class of 2016 and Fremd High School Class of 2020 given at our "What to Expect in Middle School" Presentation on March 5, 2020.
Holy Family Catholic Academy graduates have attended over 15 different area public, Catholic and private high schools. Our goal is to ensure that our students are prepared academically, socially and spiritually for high school and beyond. To that end, we are committed to reviewing our curriculum with area high schools to ensure alignment. Specifically:
- HFCA’s Middle School Spanish curriculum positions HFCA graduates to enter high school as Spanish II students.
- Our Middle School Math curriculum includes two years of Algebra and also offers a math elective, Honors Geometry to qualifying 8th grade students. This course uses the same curriculum, textbook and exams as Fremd High School.
- HFCA actively connects with area high schools to ensure our curriculum continues to be aligned with high school expectations.
- In collaboration with District 211, HFCA administers benchmark tests, which are independently scored by Fremd High School and returned to HFCA. Evaluation of this data gives us objective information on how our curriculum aligns with high school programs.
- HFCA has intentionally built relationships and credibility with area high schools better positioning us so to advocate for the proper placement of our graduates in high school courses.
"We again applaud Holy Family Catholic Academy's consistent showing in our annual math competition. These students are clearly being prepared for increasingly challenging STEM coursework." Dr. Bradley Bonham, President Carmel Catholic High School.
"Holy Family Catholic Academy students are rock stars in my Project Lead the Way courses." Paul Hardy, Applied Technology Department Chairman, Fremd High School
“My HFCA teachers encouraged me to engage, question, and tap into a deeper curiosity to learn beyond the textbook. They helped me take initiative, grow individually, and become a confident leader in and outside of the classroom." Audrey Pazur (HFCA '15) Read more.
"I found myself in Fremd classes far ahead of the average student. Holy Family teachers did so much more than scratch the surface. At HFCA, we didn't just learn about the history of Japan, we play a Risk-style game that requires advanced knowledge of history and Japanese traditions to win points. We don't just take notes on the Great Depression, we research and present about the gilded age and then follow it up by writing AP level essays." Brian Rosenwinkel (HFCA '13) Read more.
“Did you hear the thunder roll? For the third time this year my son said, ‘HFCA really prepared us well for high school. They knew what they were doing.'” (T.C. ’16)
“My daughter was recognized for academic excellence in social studies at St .Viator. She could not have received this without her HFCA teachers paving the way and honing her critical thinking skills.” (A.M. ’15)
“I would like to thank my amazing teachers who truly cared about me and prepared me so well for high school. I am a straight-A student, I am on the volleyball team, and I am very active at my high school!” (S.P ’15)
“It goes without saying that HFCA and St. Ignatius College Prep maintain rigorous academic standards, but to me the real differentiator is knowing that my HFCA teachers and now my St. Ignatius teachers sincerely care about me as a person.” (C.K. ’14)