Preschool (ages 2-4)
HFCA’s Early Childhood Program creates a seamless continuum of learning beginning in preschool and extending through middle school.
Our play-based curriculum is the foundation for our early childhood programs. It is through play that young children explore, identify, negotiate, take risks and make sense of the world around them. The goal of HFCA’s program is to provide play-based experiences where children learn and develop age-appropriate cognitive, social, emotional, verbal, and physical skills.
Our exceptional teachers are the key to our high-quality curriculum. As an International Baccalaureate World School, our teachers receive professional development and training and have access to best practices in early childhood education from a global community of educators. They provide a nurturing, supportive and engaging way of learning which focuses on:
- Partnering with parents in providing a faith-based environment where caring and principled virtues are modeled.
- Developing inquiring and reflective thinkers.
- Fostering social and emotional development including independence, self-control, empathy, and verbal communication strategies.
Our early childhood curriculum is designed to provide a solid foundation for future academic success by:
- Following the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Developing critical thinking skills through our dynamic, hands-on approach to learning including inquiry-based learning.
- Integrating STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) through our fully-equipped science lab complete with authentic scientific tools and hands-on curriculum designed for our youngest learners.
- Promoting teamwork and problem-solving skills.